|Job Title||Revenue Cycle Manager|
Century Ambulance Service is a leading provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems in Florida. The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for the daily operations and performance of the Pre-Billing Team which reviews claims for completeness, accuracy and compliance prior to coding and billing. The primary functions of the Pre-Billing Team are to review patient transportation information, such as the Patient Care Report (PCR) and the Physician Certification Statement (PCS), to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to being sent for coding and billing.
The Revenue Cycle Manager is accountable for the team’s performance, meeting department goals, and managerial responsibilities such as hiring, evaluating staff, writing performance appraisals, training, and performance management. The Revenue Cycle Manager must also demonstrate effective leadership, promote a positive work environment and motivate employees.
In time, and with training and support, the Revenue Cycle Manager will be expected to become a subject matter expert in ambulance transportation services. In addition, the Revenue Cycle Manager will be a member of the Century Ambulance Compliance Committee and ensure he/she, as well as their team, is compliant with all government and commercial payer policies and regulations with a focus on Medicare Part B billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates the daily activities of the Pre-Billing team including supervision, planning, scheduling, and assignment of work.
- Accountable for meeting expected goals and outcomes through effective, efficient and ethical team operations and leadership.
- Prepares operational reports to monitor Pre-Billing inventory and productivity of team members.
- May prepare non-transport related invoices.
- Performs quality assurance reviews and provides feedback to the Pre-Billing Representatives.
- Provides coaching and training to improve the performance of team members and recommends corrective action when appropriate.
- May contribute to the development and implementation of instructional/training materials and programs for the Pre-Billing Team.
- Utilizes appropriate data and statistical information to analyze trends and provide recommendations to improve the team’s effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other departments and leaders in the organization as necessary to improve Pre-Billing processes and results.
- Assists the Revenue Cycle Management department and leadership team in other aspects of the business such as, but not limited to, escalated issues, escalated patient complaints and issues, reimbursement issues and resolutions, data gathering and reporting, oversees the refund request review and approval process, oversees review of facility contract invoices, support to the Compliance team, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Acts with Integrity
- Contributes to a positive working environment and culture
- Communicates effectively and in a professional manner
- Demonstrates effective and professional leadership skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrates commitment to the success of the team, department, and company
- Adheres to all company policies and guidelines
- Handles change appropriately and in a professional manner
- Receives constructive feedback well
- Organizational skills, including attention to details in all aspects of daily functions are imperative to this position.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school graduate (or GED) required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing a team of medical billers and coders for Medicare Part B claims
- Accredited Coding Certificate (CPC or equivalent coding certification)
- Obtain Certified Ambulance Coder (CAC) certification within 3 months (paid for by the company and completed online during normal working hours)
- Maintain active certifications by CEU’s as required for both CPC and specialty certifications
- Extra consideration will be given to candidates;
- With ambulance billing and coding experience
- With knowledge of ambulance transport documentation
- Having already obtained Certified Ambulance Coder (CAC) certification
- With experience in an organization under a Corporate Integrity Agreement
Experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations and guidelines Experience preparing and responding to Medicare, and other health plan, audits Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, managed care requirements, medical billing codes, universal billing formats, and commercial and government insurance payors
- Functional knowledge and skillset with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to plan, direct, supervises, and coordinates the work of a highly complex team.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent proven public relations, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation and pre-employment medical examination, which includes drug and alcohol screening.
- Flexible work schedule allowing for appropriate interaction with staff working days, nights, holidays and weekends when necessary.
- Typical Working Conditions: office environment where temperatures are comfortable and noise level is low to moderate
- Heavy Computer usage requiring frequent repetitive hand movements
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to hear and communicate clearly to perform job duties in person and over the telephone
- Adequate vision required to be able to read information from printed sources and computer screens