|Job Title||Certified Driver- Full Time only|
An employee classified as a Certified Driver is responsible for safely and expeditiously arriving on scene and transporting the patient to their destination. These patients are transported via a non-medical stretcher (NMS) van, wheelchair (WC) van, or a Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulance. Crews are expected to exercise independent judgment, based upon training and each situation. Certified Drivers are also required to perform other appropriate duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Employees assigned to this classification may be the lead crewmember on a non-medical transport (NMT) unit.
Why work for Century?!
- Military & Veteran friendly
- Variety of schedules
- Credit for previous experience- starting at $10/hr **DOE**
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Education Assistance opportunities
- Life, Health, Dental, HSA
- Pet Insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid training and Continuing Education Tracking
- State of the art equipment
- Preceptor opportunities
What it takes to be successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Qualified applicants must meet Florida Statutes 401.281 Driver Requirements. Century may provide the necessary training / certifications to qualify post-orientation (must be completed within 30 days of employment)
- Upon offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background, DMV, employment verification and pre-employment testing.
- Valid CPR/ Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification*
- First aid course*
- Minimum 16-hour Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)*
*Century may provide the necessary training / certifications to qualify post- orientation (must be completed within 30 days of employment).Click here to review the complete job description