|Job Title||Revenue Cycle Customer Advocate|
The Revenue Cycle Customer Advocate is responsible for monitoring and responding to customer inquiries and complaints in a prompt, accurate, and objective manner. This is a crucial role in building customer confidence, it requires each inquiry to be addressed professionally with care, efficiency, and empathy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to a high volume of inbound calls, emails and faxes while compassionately handling and resolving questions/concerns.
- Research complex situations across multiple systems/databases and partner with other resources to resolve customer issues/complaints.
- Identify and research complaints received from any Law group, State Office or Better Business Bureau and communicate to the appropriate management and/or compliance team.
- Guide and educate customers with their account status, coverage benefits, rights and responsibilities in accordance with contracted arrangements and applicable appeal rights.
- Work closely with third-party payors, facilities, vendors and patients throughout the processes to ensure account resolution.
- Handle sensitive member information with discretion.
- Update billing system to ensure actions are properly documented.
- Escalate issues/complaints to Revenue Cycle Management team as appropriate.
- Review, monitor, track and perform follow-up on all customer complaints.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school graduate (or GED)
- Two years’ experience in EMS and/or Ambulance Revenue Cycle customer service
- CAC – “Certified Ambulance Coder Certification” or willingness to obtain within 12 months if applicable
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and resolving customer problems
- Excellent documentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Must portray a positive company image
- Must be computer literate (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; following guidelines and company policy
- Experience with Medi-Cal, Medicare and Commercial Insurance
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Good multi-tasking and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time
- Frequent repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, reaching and grasping
- Must be able to hear and communicate clearly to perform job duties in person and over the telephone
- Adequate vision required to be able to read information from printed sources and computer screens